The overall strategies of BDS are integral community development, particularly empowering and strengthening capacity of the disadvantaged.
- Organized the people as a group through integrated community development approach;
- Enhance awareness, knowledge and skills through comprehensive training and education;
- Privilege gender development and sensitization in all aspect of life;
- Improve socio economic status of the disadvantage people and communities;
- Encourage disaster preparedness and mitigate the human survival in the crisis;
- Linkage building with the local government and ensuring human needs and opportunities;
- Strengthening BDS network and alliance building;
- Provide level of capacity building support to the local NGOs and GOs;
- Participate and collaboration with the GOs, NGOs and institutions in terms of exploring opportunities for advancement of livelihoods.